Home –made Almond milk is delicious!. It tastes real, much fresher than store bought almond milk, and does not contain any “added” ingredients.
What machine to use?
A High speed blender like the Vitamix or the Blendtec
If you have a centrifugal juicer, such as the Jack Lalane or Breville centrifugal juicer, they will not make almond milk, or any other nut milks.
What do I need?
1 cup plain, raw almonds
vanilla bean (optional, but it adds a nice flavor) (I recommend vanilla from www.vivapura.com or www.ultimatesuperfoods.com)
enough water to cover the almonds overnight
3 cups of purified water
1. Soak almonds in purified water overnight. Cover, and put in the refrigerator.
2. The following day, pour off soak water and discard. (You don’t want to drink that water)
3. Blend the water, vanilla and soaked almonds together
4. Strain the blended mixture with a nut milk bag or with a fine strainer
6. If you like your almond milk a little sweeter add natural stevia.
You can use the remaining pulp to add to soups, salad dressings, or vegetable croquets. You can also dry it on the oven at the lowest temperature and use it to “bread” veggies.
To create a POWERFUL ALMOND MILK:
Add 1 tbs of BRAIN POWER TO YOUR BLENDER!!
BY ADDING BRAIN POWER YOU WILL BE ADDING: MINERALS, ANTIOXIDANTS, DETOXYFIERS, CLEANSERS, PROBIOTICS, ENZYMES AND ADAPTOGENIC HERBS!!! A TRUE HEALTH BOOSTER!!
For coconut almond milk, I add about ½ cup of a raw, fresh coconut to the mixture
If you want to add zinc and more nutrients add 1 tbs of sunflower seeds and 1 tbs of pumpkin seeds to the almonds you are soaking so they soak overnight as well. All of this you will add to the blender.